MAKGADIKGADI PANS, BOTSWANA
The Makgadikgadi Pan, located in the heart of the Kalahari Desert in Botswana, is the world’s largest salt pan landscape and undoubtedly one of our all-time favorite places “to be”!
Just some of the reasons we love it:
- Endless horizons, interrupted only by a scattering of baobabs and desert palms
- The feeling of remoteness and expanse fills the soul
- Ahhh… the sunsets!
- Watch the planetarium of stars unfold
- Spend time walking with the San bushmen, learning about their culture and how they have lived off this land for centuries
- Observe desert adapted wildlife including the black-maned Kalahari lion and rare brown hyena
- Get up close and personal with wild meerkats