Start planning your escape to Cape Town next winter! While its cold and snowy here, what’s better than to be in one of the coolest cities in the world. Cape Town simply oozes a great summer vibe, with tons of energy, outdoor cafes, breathtaking sunsets, gorgeous coastlines, invigorating hiking, great shopping, trendy restaurants, open air concerts, wineries, and festivals!
A few of our favorite things to do in and around Cape Town in the summer:
- Hiking up and around the top of Table Mountain – views in all directions – and staying up there for the sunset!
- Having a picnic and jammin” with the crowd in a gorgeous setting at one of the summer concerts at Kirstenbosch Gardens
- Enjoying drinks at one of the vibey bars with ocean views (a current personal favorite is WAFU in Mouille Point)
- Dining with sand, candelabras, the ocean and movies playing in the old lobster shed and an all around relaxed and funky atmosphere at the Grand Cafe & Beach Granger
- Enjoying South African wine… in the the winelands, at the beach, outdoor cafes, nice restaurants, on picnics….
- Riding in the Cape Argus Cycling Tour (the world’s largest individually timed bike race) with its spectacular views
- Visiting GS Giving Circle supported projects, the townships and meeting locals with James and his team at Uthando
Whether you visit for two days or two weeks, Cape Town offers an unending supply of culture and diversity. No visit to South Africa should miss Cape Town! Check out this slideshow for a glimpse of all there is to see and do in Cape Town.