The moment I arrived at Kitich Camp, I knew this was a gem. The camp is in a stunning location overlooking the gorge of the Ngeng River, has just 6 tents- comfy, traditional and low impact, and is the only camp in the Matthews Mountain Range in Kenya.
But it was the walk in the lush forest to look for elephant with the Samburu warriors that ensured Kitich would become one of my all-time favorite places. For those who love getting well off the beaten track, we highly recommend putting this on your list of must-see places!
- Pristine mountain wilderness
- Lush indigenous forest with cycads and wild orchids
- A truly unique forest wildlife experience
- Walk along forest footpaths guided by Samburu warriors and Ndorobo guides to see elephant, buffalo, bushbuck, warthogs…
- Learn traditional ways of tracking wildlife
- Remote yet accessible
- Only 6 guest tents
- High eco and cultural preservation standards